Thursday, August 25, 2016

Top 5 Books on Ron Swanson's Book Shelf

Parks and Recreation's Ron Swanson may not be a fan of the library...

but his bookshelf is probably stocked with these Swanson-approved titles:

5. The New Case for Gold

by James Rickards, Portfolio, $26.00, ISBN: 9781101980767, Hardcover

Ron's belief in the value of gold is prevalent throughout the series and his hiding places are intricate and nearly impossible to find.


"I've heavily invested in gold which I've buried in several different locations around Pawnee...or have I?" <sneaky look to camera>


4. The Wealth of Nations

by Adam Smith, Modern Library, $26.95, ISBN: 9780679424734, Hardcover


Ron Swanson's love of America is legendary and, after all, what's more American than capitalism?


"Capitalism is the only way.  It's what makes American great, England okay, and France terrible."


3. My Best Mathematical and Logic Puzzles

by Martin Gardner, Dover Publications, $5.95, ISBN: 9780486281520, Paperback


How much does Ron Swanson love solving riddles?  I'll let him tell you...



"I hate riddles and other such nonsense, I want that on the record."



2. The Furniture Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Identify, Restore & Care for Furniture

by Christophe Pourny, Artisan, $35.00, ISBN: 9781579655358, Hardcover




"After I got home, I drank six more glasses of whiskey and then I finished crafting this small harp, using a band-saw, a spoke-shave, and an oscillating spindle sander."




1. Man Up!: 367 Classic Skills for the Modern Man

by Paul O'Donnell, Artisan, $14.95, ISBN: 9781579653910, Paperback

Above all, Ron Swanson is a man's man and he doesn't take kindly to weakness...



"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men.  From men into gladiators.  And from gladiators into Swansons."





Click here for more Parks and Rec children's book covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment